All the new things this month were requests from users like you 😁
Besides, a lot of time went into under-the-hood improvements, more about that at the end.
Add and subtract minutes from a running timer
When a timer is running you can use the -10, -1, +1, and +10 buttons to add/subtract minutes. This was a much-requested feature. Additionally, I added a display to see when the timer will finish. This is in preparation for the next step: programming and chaining timers to start automatically.
One user contacted me with the request to add a 7-segment font. Thanks to this high-quality free resource from Keshikan (https://www.keshikan.net/fonts-e.html) this was easy to do. With it, I added a font chooser and the ability to make the text bold. If there is another font you would like to see, please reply to this email 😄
A detail I forgot to mention last time: The header can be switched to auto-hide. Then it will only appear when moving the mouse inside the timer window.
Minor things: Improved UI on large screens, claim a room
When using stagetimer.io on a large screen the available space is now used better. Each timer entry became slimmer and the timer preview is less prominent than before. More improvements are to come soon here.
If you create a room as an anonymous user and then sign up or log in the room doesn't belong to you. It doesn't show up in your dashboard. With the "Claim Room" button you can make ownerless rooms your own.
Under the hood: Search Engine Optimization
The biggest change took place under the hood. I spent about 3 weeks refactoring the public-facing pages so they are better for search engines. Even though I would love to concentrate on new functions, without some marketing there won't be enough users to keep Stagetimer alive in the long run. Happily, I can report that Stagetimer currently has 20 paying customers and I am confident in the future.
Check out the full list of changes on https://stagetimer.io/changelog/